Palliside Weather Boards

Questions, comments and suggestions about the Design Navigator R-value calculator

Palliside Weather Boards

Postby chrisbrowndesign » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:06 am

Using the construction R value calculator i work out that Palliside W/B's on cavity with standard R2.2 batts don't meet the min requirement of R1.9 . It seems to me you have to use R2.8 batts just to get to the min. R1.9 ? Does this seem right or am I doing something wrong ? I have attached my calculation sheet for reference.
Thanks
Attachments
v2 Palliside 2.2 batts Construction R-value Calculator.pdf
(285.79 KiB) Downloaded 707 times
chrisbrowndesign

Re: Palliside Weather Boards

Postby Albrecht Stoecklein » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:00 pm

Hi Chris,

Seems you used 45mm studs rather than 90mm. With 90mm it will have an R-value of R-2.1.

BTW: Even if a wall does not comply with the Schedule Method target, the building as a whole may still comply with the Calculation Method if you increase the roof and/or floor insulation.

You should set the still Airgap to "none" because your insulation will fill the whole 90mm cavity. The still Airgap is used in cases where you put 90mm insulation into a 140mm cavity for example.

I hope that helps.

Sunny regards

Albrecht
Albrecht Stoecklein

Postby chrisbrowndesign » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:56 pm

Thanks for that.
Yes my mistake...and thanks also for clarifying the air gap also as i was confused there too.

Awesome thanks for prompt reply.

Chris
chrisbrowndesign

Postby vibratosurfeit » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:25 pm

It simply means that the "average" overall R-value of the reference building in Climate Zone 1 is R-0.23 and in Climate Zones 2 and 3 is R-0.31. For calculating the reference building heatloss you could take the total surface area (including walls and glazing) and divide it by that value.
flyer templates for pages
vibratosurfeit

Return to Design Navigator R-Value Calculator